It’s that time of year for casual outdoor lunches with friends and picnics at the beach. This recipe is super versatile making a light meal with the fritters served hot along side a salad with sides of chilli dressing, sour cream or guacamole to heap on top. Made small the fritters also make great finger food served cold as part of a picnic.
When fresh corn cobs are available cut the corn from the cob with a sharp knife. The fritters are equally good when made with drained and rinsed canned corn kernels.
These herbed sweet corn fritters are bested topped with a cream made from sour cream, mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce, a chunky salsa or cooling guacamole.
What you’ll need
- 1 large can of sweet corn (or 4 cobs of fresh corn)
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1T chopped chives
- 2T chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4T flour
- 1t smoked paprika
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Putting it all together
- Place corn, onions and herbs in a bowl.
- Mix through flour and paprika.
- Beat eggs with a fork and mix through the vegetables and dry ingredients.
- Heat a pan and lightly wipe the pan with oil. Place spoonfuls of fritter batter into the pan and cook until lightly browned, flip and cook the second side.
- Serve fritters warm or cold along side salad and a variety of toppings.
Interested? Pin it to your Pinterest Board.